I made doughnuts (filled with strawberry jam) yesterday. And today, I felt like making the chinese version of this fried goodness. I have to say, I prefer the chinese version better. It’s chewy, not too sweet and very pretty
The american doughnut recipe i used came from cook and eat blog (which came from some magazine that i can’t remember)
the chinese doughnut recipe is as follows:
275 grams bread flour
1/2 cup milk, warm
1 tsp active dry yeast
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp oil
more oil for frying
1. Proof yeast in warm milk for a few minutes. Mix dough by dumping everything together. Knead until smooth
2. Let rise in a warm spot for 1-2 hours until doubled.
3. Roll dough into a rectangle about 1/2 inch thick. Cut into 6 portions
4. Roll each portion into a long rope, twist and rope, then twist it around it self, and then do that again. Let then rest for 20 minutes.
5. Fry in oil for 1 minute on each side and you’re good to go!